Rules & Regulation
Work ethic is about showing up, being on time, being reliable, doing what you say you’re going to do, being trustworthy, putting in a fair day’s work, respecting the work, respecting the customer, respecting the organization, respecting co-workers, not wasting time, not making work hard for other people, not creating unnecessary work for other people, not being a bottleneck, not faking work. Work ethic is about being a fundamentally good person that others can count on and enjoy working with. – Jason Fried, Founder & CEO at Basecamp
As a team, we strongly believe in work ethics as explained in the above quote and consider it as the basis of how everyone should be.
In this section, practical details - that we all need to be aligned with - are covered.
We work Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 18:00 - 8 hours per day, lunch break excluded. For individual convenience, there is a flexible arrival time from 8:00-10:00. But everyone must be at the office by 10:00 at the latest.
It’s implicitly understood that if you arrive later than 9:00, you need to compensate by leaving later to accomplish your daily hourly commitment. But if you arrive before 9:00, it’s also understood that you can leave earlier.
The goal is to have all teammates together and available for each other for at least 6 hours/day.
We use extensively Google Calendar to track team events and leaves. To improve team coordination and to always be in the loop, make sure to add the following calendars:
All leaves must be approved after submitting a request on Kin HR (in the Time-Off tab).
- Every teammate is entitled to 10 paid holiday leave days/year. These individual leaves are distinct and additional to the 15 public holidays/year.
- During the first year of employment, the leaves are accrued over time, thus must be taken on a pro rata basis. After the first year, all leaves are given all at once at the beginning of the new employment year, thus can be taken at anytime.
- If the leaves are not used after a year, half of the remaining leave days (so a maximum of 5 days) will be carried forward to the next year automatically.
- A reasonable amount of notice is required to plan and not to disrupt the workload of other teammates. In practice, it means that a minimum of two weeks notice is generally accepted but the longer the notice, the better. So if you plan to take long leaves, plan and inform in advance.
- Every teammate is entitled to 30 sick leave days/year.
- A medical certificate is required of the leaves is equal or more than 3 days
- A reasonable amount of notice is required to plan and not to disrupt the workload of other teammates. When not feeling well on the same day as the day of leave, it is expected to send a leave request before the start of the office hours - by 9:00 at the latest.
- Snacks and drinks are offered in the office and can be consumed by everyone. Food is usually re-stocked twice/month.
- Every teammate is allowed to bring his/her own food and to consume it on premises at any time.
- Punctual team events are sometimes organized but there is no fixed obligation to eat lunch together or at the same time.
- Alcoholic drinks are only allowed on premises during punctual team events.
Car / Bike Office Parking
If you plan to come to the office by your personal means of transportation, you need to send a request to email@example.com.